Friday, September 04, 2009

First day of School.......

Ana went to Preschool this week......it seems we've been talking about it all summer long so when the day finally arrived she was certainly ready! I on the other hand realized I wasn't.....it was a bitter sweet moment....so happy for her and maybe a tiny bit excited to enjoy time with just two kids a couple times a week (until Christmas at least).....but so hard to believe at the same time that she is actually old enough to be in Preschool already - I did hold my composure until I got to the car though ( I blame it on the extra hormones!)


Just before we loaded up in the car.....



Ana was trying to show her name on the back of her backpack....I guess you can call me kind of a "dud" Mom, but I went against the grain of every little girls wish of a "princess backpack" and went with the more practical simple looking one....I figured every other little three year old girl in Ana's class would have the "princess" backpack....and at least she will be able to tell hers from the rest.....

She actually only went 1 day this week - they take 1/2 the class the first day and 1/2 the class the second day - just to ease everyone in....but next week will be a full week.

Ana's remarks after the first day......"School was really fun Mommy!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet, beautiful girl! Of course I'm a little prejudiced :)
Grandma J.