Sunday, July 29, 2007

The Art of Growing Tomatoes...or Apples??


I decided to try my hand at growing a tomato plant this year....I am really not known to have much of a green thumb...rather black I would say - and after you look closely at this tomato plant you will agree. This plant pretty much went down hill from the first week of being planted....it went through a pretty strong hail storm and just never recoverd. So I pretty much stopped watering it - figuring it was dead. Well about 4 weeks ago I noticed a tomato on it....It literally hadn't been watered in weeks and it still doesn't recieve much water....but we did manage to get one tomato (that we probably won't eat) from it. Better luck next year I guess.
It's also sprouting this strange extra growth on it.....


Everytime A see's it she refers to it as an APPLE - no matter how many times I say it's a Tomato....it's an apple in her eye.



Tonight she decided to give it a taste.....I didn't let her actually eat it....but she had fun pretending.



No comments: