Monday, July 09, 2007

Drama, Drama, Drama......

Or is it TRAUMA, TRAUMA, TRAUMA........

This was our day.....it really wasn't a bad one...I was just beginning to wonder if A was going to survive.
First, this morning we (A, Little E and myself) drove to Sturgis to license and register the new van....it's about a 20 mile drive. About 2 miles into it...A discovers a FLY, flying around the car and doesn't like it - AT ALL. By mile 6 she is shreaking in terror....I kept thinking she would settle down....but no. I had to pull off the interstate and try and shooo the fly out of the car or kill it. I wasn't successful at either - but we did finally make it there and back.
Then, this afternoon - I needed to run a few errands in town....one of which was to pick up a friends mail. So I pull into the drive way...and my plan of attack was to leave the kids buckled in the car, quick jump out grab the mail out of the mail box and get back in the car - taking the mail with me (all of 5 seconds the kids would be alone in the car). That plan backfired....some how...my driver side door locked when I got out....and now the kids were locked in the car, car running (thank goodness) with the air on, cell phone in the car....A screaming AGAIN in terror. So I had to find a neighbor that was home, call E - to come unlock the car all the while A still screaming in the car. Little E - fast asleep. E finally got to us, unlocked my doors...and we had to let A out to settle down.
Next, I head off to car wash, to wash off some of the 50 million bugs we killed while driving to and from MN.....As we enter the car wash, all is going well UNITL - the actual wash starts.....we now have A screaming in the back again in terror and shaking uncontrolbly - I guess she is scared of car washes too. I practically had to crawl into the back seat with her....to calm her down while the car idled through the wash.
Now we are off to Sam's for Groceries.....we barely make it out of the car wash and now E is screaming at the top of his lungs....I guess he just realized he was hungry...and might wither away to nothing unless he ate right that second.....so A and I listed to 10 minutes of screaming while we drove to Sam's and Little E got a bottled before we could even make it in the store.
As we laid A down to bed tonight....after about 10 minutes of laying there were hear..."Bug, Bug, Bug - Nigh Night Bug"
I can only imagine what tomorow will hold.




3 comments:

Stacy said...

Whoa! You deserve a trophy for surviving such a day! Today will certainly be less traumatic :)

Kristina said...

What fun!!! Ha ha!! Hope today is better!

Stewart the dog and Samsonite the cat said...

You had an adventure, that is certain! Good luck with the next few.