Thursday, November 20, 2008

A little color....

We embarked on our first painting adventure this past weekend in the new house.....it started out well but didn't end so well. ( don't worry no spilled paint!!)


We painted the big main wall that is shared between the living room and dining room brown (as seen above) - I was really liking the brown so we decided to paint one more wall in the living room brown (bad idea) when it was almost all done - I didn't like it...it was too much brown! - This pretty much took all of Saturday. On Sunday E ran to the paint store and got a new color to paint over the brown...a taupe of sorts....which I thought I liked....turns out - it's a no go too.....makes everything seem a tad bit pinkish...of course I (we) didn't come to this conclusion again until we were almost done....so now onto another color....hopefully in a couple weeks!! Good thing I have a great husband that doesn't mind painting....

3 comments:

GG Doll said...

GOOD THING YOU HAVE A PATIENT HUSBAND - REMEMBER THE RED IN OUR BATHROOM - YOUR DAD IS NOT AS PATIENT BUT ERIC I DO NEED SOME PAINTING DONE - I WILL PICK THE COLOR - NEUTRAL. YOUR ROOM LOOKS GREAT I AM JEALOUS

Andrea said...

Oooh, I like the chocolate brown. Looks so rich! it looks really cool next to the white trim of the fireplace too. :)

Heather said...

I love it! Guess I would have to actually be there, but in that picture it looks awesome with the white trim.