Friday, December 07, 2007

Toddler Bed = Long Night(s)

Well after our first night of convincing A to go to bed in the Toddler Bed - we thought we were doing pretty good. She really hadn't put a fight about going to bed since and she has been staying in her bed at night (for the most part) until last night!!! Earlier this week she figured out how to open all doors in our house and although we don't shut her door at night (because her room is sooooo cold already) we do shut her door for naps.....so after about an hour of napping now she walks out and tells me "I awake" - great!!! So our lovely night last night....went something like this
7:30 - A to bed. (Ahh we can finally relax)
7:50 - A walks out and says "I sit with Daddy little while" - who can resist that sweet innocent voice - definitely not E.
7:58 - A back into her bed (told not to get up again until the moon goes down)
8:04 - phone rings - thanks uncle B!!!
8:08 - A up - this time she needs a drink - So she sits with E - I get her a drink - with the promise that right after her drink she is going back to bed!!
Sidenote - E has a huge deadline at work today - so he brought his computer home from work and worked last night until 12:45am - trying to get more work done on his document due today.
1:37am - A is calling for her nuk/huggie/daddy - this usually means she will be coming to our bed for a few minutes - so E went in and checked on her - and yup - to our bed she came. We told her that she could only stay for 5 minutes and then it's back to her bed.
1:45 - A back in her own bed.
2:23 - A is mysteriously back in our bed - (how on earth she got in bed with us is yet to be determined) E thinks he might have lifted her back into our bed - she often walks into our room and stands next to his side of the bed and because we were both so tired at this point - it is entirely possible.
2:35 - A is now back in her bed - AGAIN. (with the threat of a spanking if she gets up again) - I am up now taking aspirin for a migrane I feel coming on.
2:50 - Little E wakes up - (on schedule) to be fed. - yes he is still up in the night. So E & I get up - he gets little E and I make a bottle and get a diaper. E feeds little E and changes his diaper - I check on A because she is talking and remind her to stay in bed.
3:04 - E puts little E back to bed and in the process sees A get up and shut her door. So E opens A's door to find that she has done duty in her diaper - so he changes his second diaper for the middle of the night.
3:07 - A back to bed - Little E in bed but now talking to us through the monitor.
3:50 - A back in our room AGAIN - we put her in our bed and I say to E (can you sleep with her in here - cause I can and I'm ready to give up - to just get some sleep). A sits up and insists on getting some water - Ok - I go get her cup - we tell her - once she is done she MUST go back to her bed and stay there.
3:53 - A back in bed - it's now 2 hours and 37 minutes until E's alarm goes off.
6:30 - Yes we made it 2 hours and 37 minutes - E decides to reset his alarm until 7 - that is just fine with me.
6:37 - Litte E - starting to stir and fuss. I suggest just waiting until he really starts crying to get him.
6:44 - Little E is now definiely awake. E decides to get up and shower and brings Little E into bed with me.
6:54 - In walks A - "I AWAKE" - (did you ever go to sleep??)

Needless to say we will be going to bed at 7 tonight!!! So no calls after 7 (Uncle B!!!)

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh my goodness, Suz, I am tired for you!!

guthridge said...

Hee! Hee! Really, I am not laughing at you but it is all too familiar!! I remember the days and I am sure there will be more of them to come!

JandH said...

Okay, you've convinced me. No toddler bed for A for a while longer.

Texas Huskers said...

Now you know why with two working parents C sleeps with us. Everyone gets rest.