Tuesday, February 03, 2009

And then there was COLOR....

The basement is painted....and the color is Dromedary Camel


I really don't think the pictures really do the color justice...in fact I kind of don't like it in the pictures...(looks a little pinkish to me) - but I love the color when you are in the room....The brown paper all over is put up so they can put the trim up and then they just come along and spray it with white paint - Trim & Doors are going up this weekend and then carpet is still scheduled for 2 weeks from tomorrow. And speaking of tomorrow - they are laying the laminate part of the floor and the vinyl in the bathroom - so there will be new pictures hopefully tomorrow of that.

And the electrician (i.e. - Eric) has been hard at work getting lights up and working....


We painted what will be Ana's room - yellow - it's a tad bit really YELLOW - but I think once the carpet gets in there and some furniture it will tame down a bit....


What's that nice hole in the wall you ask - just a nice piece we need to patch - that's all. Just a little electrical whoops but nothing we can't fix thankfully - Eric realized he forgot to run one wire - He was beside himself that we had to cut into the wall and I felt really bad because he worked so hard on getting everything done and of course this was his worst electrical nightmare come true. Oh well - we actually have 2 other nice holes in the ceiling in the main room now too....2 more nightmares....I guess all we can do is laugh....


Here you can see a couple of the sconces we have up - when it was all said and done last night we had the lights on but the sconces didn't work - yet another NIGHTMARE - but thankfully we realized we just forgot to put light bulbs in them - HA!



And the best part is.....we are paying the painter to come paint most of the main room walls upstairs on Thursday this week - just no time to get it done ourselves and I think Eric is quite thankful - that is a lot of cutting in that he would have had to do (he has the steady hand in the marriage) and I keep changing my mind on colors so much I am not sure he would be willing to paint the same wall for the third time!!

1 comment:

you stay classy said...

It looks great. But I don't get the paper/trim thing.
Frannie