Sunday, February 15, 2009

Yes, I see but....


Ana has become quite the "conversationalists" - I really should be recording more of the funny things she says to us....

One of the conversations tonight went something like this:

Ana: "daddy would you like a hamburger" (as she is handing Eric a plate full of play food)

Eric: "no I just ate dinner" (referring to the fact that we had just finished eating our real dinner)

Ana: "yes I see, but this is pretend food!" - I mean how can you say no to that!!

I am not sure where Ana picked up the "yes, I see but" phrase but I think it happens in just about every conversation we have with her - it's just so funny.

The other night (Friday) I was taking the babysitter home - and Eric sat down with Ana and Eli quick while I was gone and the three of them made me a Valentines Card - of course under the strictest conditions that they not say anything - it was a secret and they were going to give it to me on Valentines Day. I get back, walk in the door - Ana comes running out of her room and proclaims. "Mommy we made you a Valentines Card, it's a secret and it's in the drawer". Well, so much for that secret....

1 comment:

Noah said...

too cute! I agree about writing stuff down... I always tell myself to be better about it too. They're little sayings are just priceless...and it's amazing how quickly we forget them, unless we write them down! Noah's figured out the sentence structure of "but".... (ya da ya da ya da, BUT....) it sounds so socialized coming from a little almost-3 y.o.'s mouth. Thanks for all the pictures - Noah and I love to check them out each week!