Sunday, March 01, 2009

Whose paw is this??


Call me paranoid....but we definitely have mountain lions here in the Black hills and more than one has been seen with in the city limits.....

The other day I had a first ever.....while driving I had one dart out into the road right in front of me not terribly far from our house....moving at the speed of light of course....but I am 100% certain it was not a deer!!

So, now this morning we wake up and we find a bunch of animal prints right out side our slider door in the basement - puzzling....Anyone know there paw prints really well and could tell us for sure what we are dealing with here??

We do have many dogs that roam the neighborhood but Eric and I are not totally convinced they are dog tracks??

What do you think?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here is a website to look at and see what you think.

http://www.bear-tracker.com/mammals.html

treeguy said...

I'll check with Nicole after work, I'm pretty sure Mt. Lion prints are much, much bigger... I'll get back to you...

Anonymous said...

pretty sure that is a giraffe footprint.

Nicole said...

This track looks like a dog. Mountain lion tracks are wider, squat and the foot pad is shaped quite differently. It doesn't show very well in this track, but it looks like there may be claws...check some of the other tracks near this one. Claws are a certain sign that it's a dog track not a cat track. Hope this helps!