Thursday, November 12, 2009

Lemons, Lemons, & more Lemons.......

Or maybe that should be titled Dr.'s, Dr.'s, & more Dr.'s.....

There have definitely been plenty of Dr.'s appointments this week.....Eric has and will be going to the Dr. every day this week - just lot's of tests to be done prior to starting Chemo....which we have a date...Eric has a port put in tomorrow (another surgical procedure - hopefully a little more minor though), Monday one more Dr.'s appointment and training and Tuesday is the big day - his first Chemo treatment...we are both very anxious to just get this process started - so please pray for these days ahead - still lot's of unknowns and some anxiety.

Our kids are back....we were so happy to see them - Ana and Eli spent a week with Grandma and Papa in Montana and I am quite sure came back with double the amount of toys than what they left with....Eric's Mom is with us now for the rest of this week and all of next week - which we are both so thankful for our families and how much they have stepped in to help - it's definitely taken the burden off of having to worry about our kids and who will care for them.
And hopefully I can get some cute pictures of them up real soon......

On to the more humorous side of things....(we have to be able to mix some laughter into all of this right??) Eric, my Mom and I had a conversation downstairs the other night that went something like this....
Me: I'm hungry, did we even eat dinner tonight?
Eric: Yes
Me: I think I need a snack....
Mom: I bought some ice cream bars.....we could have those, but I can't go up and get them my ankle hurts too bad.....
Me: Well I can't go up and get them...I am too pregnant
Eric: Well I can't go up and get them - I have cancer!

We all got a good laugh at that...Eric has just been waiting and wondering when he would get to play that "card" - needless to say my Mom - who we deemed her "injury or condition" being the oldest....so graciously went upstairs and got us all a snack.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Oh - how I love that you can laugh in the midst of all of this! It can be a great form of medicine in and of itself :) In addition to all of the medical details we are praying for, we will also pray that you will continue to have joy throughout this journey. We love you guys!!!

M, S, T and Z

Melanie said...

Hey, tell Eric I still use the cancer card all the time - especially when it works to my advantage. Although, the pregnancy card is a pretty good one, too. Glad you could find some humor in all of this. :)

John said...

that made us laugh. We are praying for you guys.