Friday, October 05, 2007

A's Obsession...My Bribery


I did it...I bribed A today....I just really needed to make a run to Target (which I usually never do with both kids - 1 for sanity reasons & 2 pushing a stroller and a shopping cart doesn't seem to work for one person) but we just really needed some things - so I decided to tackle it and pile everything I needed into the stroller where ever I could find room...and hope that I didn't accidently forget to pay for something that got lost in the clutter of the stroller. These days A NEVER wants to sit in the stroller but today I just really needed her to cooperate - SO - her recent obsession has been "Lip" as she would call it - bascially anything she can put on her lips....she has already completely destroyed/eaten one of my chapsticks...so I told her today that if she was REALLY GOOD and rode in the stroller I would buy her her own "Lip" stuff. It was amazing - I shopped for a good 1/2 hour - not a peep out of her. I saved getting the chapstick for last.....and she earned it all right. I know this one could really come back to bite me - she is going to think she gets "Lip" stuff everytime we shop now....and she surely doesn't forget much, but hopefully being that I bought 3 - this will tide us over for awhile.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Next time she should get the Dr. Pepper kind :)

Stewart the dog and Samsonite the cat said...

I agree! Dr. Pepper Lipsmacker Rocks!

Stewart the dog and Samsonite the cat said...

I agree! Dr. Pepper Lipsmacker Rocks!