Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween

A little glimpse into our day.......


A and I started out the morning carving pumpkins while E took his morning nap. The plan was just to do 1 of the 3 pumpkins - the big one. But it was so easy and had so little "pumpkin gunk" in it - I decided we could do the other two....Well they were plum full and I've decided there is something to be said for buying larger pumpkins - they are much easier to get our hands in to clean them - than the little ones we think are so cute and manageable for the kids to carry.


Pumpkin #1


Pumpkin # 2
(Pumpkin # 3 didn't get it's own picture..because A had lost interest by this point and was more into throwing the pumpkin top and testing my patience.)



We took the first pumpkin outside - A was not too excited about having to leave it outside anymore but I told her we would come back out and put candles in it tonight. It's funny - her immediate response to candles is "Happy Birthday Oma" - referring back to Great Grandma D's birthday party earlier this fall.



And here she is sporting her "Doggie" costume one last time for a picture.....I think I calculated this costume being on a total of 11 minutes this Halloween. We didn't even take her out trick-or-treating (I know we are kind of scrooges) but she doesn't even really get it - she didn't want to wear the costume - it was really cold out - how many more excuses do I need to give to not feel guilty.


And our "unhappy" chicken
E just wasn't a very happy camper tonight....so needless to say I think he wore this costume an even shorter amount of time than A.


I did make them both sit outside for a quick picture


E was less than thrilled....and probably cold too, now that I realize he had no socks on.


And finally our 3 Jack-O-Lanterns

2 comments:

Noah said...

Do NOT feel guilty - I was semi-anti Halloween this year too. I totally agree - if they don't really get it, it's a lot of effort to participate just for the sake of going along with it. Noah didn't like his doggie costume much either (too limitating I think). Cute pics of A & E though.... have a happy November!

AmandaS said...

E looks exactly like Meg, screaming his head off. Meg hated her chick costume! But, it's fun for us to dress them up, eh?