Friday, February 08, 2008

A Toy Story


or a case of the malfunctioning toys......

So yesterday as A was playing "ring around the rosies" with one of her dolls and then tossing it to the ground - my first thought - was Toy Story - of course I know Toys don't come to life when we are not around - or so we think - but I thought of this poor doll and the abuse it was taking.

Well as funny as it seems, I had just got the kids down for naps yesterday and was just going to lay down myself when all of the sudden I hear one of the toys (the airplane) break out in song. I was a bit confused to begin with - thinking it was A at first - but I quickly discovered it was the airplane downstairs - and although the toy had been left in the "on" position - a buttom has to be pushed to activate the music - so, perplexed - yes, but it didn't stop me from taking a nap. So then, this morning Little E wakes up about 4am to be fed and E and I get up. E is feeding little E on the couch, I had just crawled back into bed when I hear another toy break out in Song mode (the vacuum) - problem was I couldn't figure out where it was. Come to find out, A had hauled her vacuum cleaner upstairs yesterday and put it in the coat closet with our vacuum - again left in the "on" mode - but you have to move it to make it sing - so now I am beginning to think - twice in one day is a little weird. I told E when he came back to bed, had he been out of town last night I probably would have called 911 because it spooked me so much. Now, if that wasn't enough, this morning I went downstairs to change the laundry and A's talking doll is in constant "jabber" mode, speaking jibberish - and I couldn't get it to stop. I finally had to take the batteries out. I am not sure I can take any more toy malfunctions without beginning to wonder.

No comments: