Sunday, August 03, 2008

Goose Poop Park......

This afternoon we took the kids to a park in RC - a beautiful park - with lot's of trees , a lake and stream running through it.
Unfortunately the park has been over run with geese - to the point that after today's visit I am not sure I ever want to take the kids there again......


Other than the playground area....the grass is covered in GOOSE POOP - literally to the point that I could not even find a spot to put my knee down to take many pictures of the kids.


Here E is showing us where all the poop is!!




One of our main objectives for going to the park was to play with the camera again...and TRY (the key word) to get some pictures of the kids together....very tricky between poop and a now walking 1 year old that doesn't want to stand or sit still for anything....I am not complaining about the walking at all though because we have wanted it for so long...we'll just take what we can get I guess for pictures!








A knew enough to keep her distance....but little E just wanted to chase right after these guys....



So as we were leaving the park...I noticed quite a lot of goose poop on the bottom of my shoes which I tried to wipe off best I could before getting into the car.....once in the car though A was quick to point out that it was all over her sandals...on the bottom of her feet, now on her hands and some how managed to get on her sippy cup too - GROSS - so we used about 1/2 of the wipes we had in the car and cleaned everything up. We then proceeded to the grocery store and just as we were leaving (the kids and I waited in the car while E shopped) - A looks over to E and tells us - Little E is eating POOP! That's right - he had goose poop from the bottom of his shoes now in his mouth....SO GROSS!! E promptly jumped out of the car and used the remaining wipes to wash out E's mouth, shoes, hands and feet!!! Needless to say we will not be returning to Canyon Lake Park for quite some time!!

1 comment:

Kris said...

Your camera takes awesome pictures! It even makes the goose poop look like little flowers!