Friday, September 26, 2008

Lesson Learned (I think)

So you would think after already having 2 kids....by the time the 3rd rolls around - I would have everything figured out - but after today I am beginning to think - NOT -
Em has had a hard time pooping the last day or so....and this afternoon I went into our room to change her diaper on her changing table that is connected to her pack n' play - well I didn't take every precaution I should have and boy did I pay for it...in the midst of holding up her bum to clean it...she decided to let loose and finally poop - projectile poop - all over everything! What is bad enough is that this isn't the first time she has done this - her first week home she did the same thing all over my bathroom during a wash cloth bath....you would have thought I would have learned the first time - so now we are currently in the process of washing a duvet cover, sheets, blanket and mattress pad....along with her changing table pad and blanket.
And to think I thought A & E were my messy ones!!



7 comments:

Sara said...

I feel your pain, I am constantly cleaning liquid poo from various cloth items. We should start a club for the projectile pooers.

Suzie said...

Eric said we could call our group the PPA - Projectile Poopers of America! I've never had this happen before with the other two!

Tim and Jenny said...

HILARIOUS! Ellie did that to Tim on the day she was baptised! We had to strip Tim down and wash his clothes and a rug. We took pictures too! Can I join the club too?

Sara said...

My advice for clean up is this: 1. rinse the fabric (inside out if possible - push the poo out the way it came in), then 2. use shampoo and scrub the area very well, 3. let it set for about 10 mins., and finally 4. rinse well. (Thanks to Grandma Paluh for cleaning many of the first changing pad covers and onesies)
So far there have been no lasting stains. Carpet is another matter, however . . .

Jenny, you're welcome to join and I hope chicklet #2 has a bit more bowel control :)

Suzie said...

Really - Sara, Shampoo - I've never heard of using shampoo to clean the stains out before - any special kind? I'm willing to try anything because we all know this poop stains!!

Sara said...

Any shampoo should work, just stick with the cheap stuff - Suave works well. My mom told me that it helps relax the fabric and works well with protein type stains, but all I know is that it has been working for me.
Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Sick! I can't believe you took a picture of poop! Same thing happened to me when Elle was a week or two - only she got my face!
-Frannie