Friday, September 05, 2008

STILL WAITING.....

Tomorrow (Saturday) marks the exact day A & E arrived. They both came on Saturday's at the same exact point gestationally - 15 days early. We are not holding our breath anymore on this one!!

And here are the latest two comments I have received from complete strangers...makes you wonder sometimes what people are thinking??

Shoe Store
Store Employee: "are you about ready to pop or what"
Me: "I guess so" (I mean how else do I respond to that)
Store Employee: "well don't do it on our floor"
(My thought - and if I do - I'll be sure to ask you to CLEAN IT UP!)

Grocery Store
Employee: "looks like you are about to pop"
(my thought - what's with the whole "pop" thought - it's not like I am carrying around knitting needles in my pocket waitng for the perfect moment to "pop" my belly)
Me: (sigh) - I smile and keep walking
Employee: (to my Mom now) "she must be due soon right?"
Mom: "oh pretty soon"





5 comments:

Becky said...

Oh S, I do hope you "pop" soon! That is funny and frustrating all at the same time. People are so predictable huh? Here is my funniest pregnancy conversation while watching the movers load up our household goods in TX.
Mover: so is this going to be your first baby?
Me: yep, first one.
Mover: Are you scared?
Me: yeah, I guess a little.
Mover: Ooooo GIRL it's gonna hurt SOOO BAD!

I'm mean seriously!!!

Stacy said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! Do people have no tact or what?! I think you should get a t-shirt made that says something like, "If you ask me if I am ready to pop, be prepared to get popped yourself!" I am praying for you!

Suzie said...

I like that one....Today's question has been "is there just one in there?" I've been tempted to say no - 5 and I'm only 4 months along....problem is I don't think I could keep a straight face!!

Texas Huskers said...

S, I would fire one of my employees for talking to a customer like that. ( I'm shocked)I would also make the shoe store person clean the restrooms for the next month for saying not to do it on their floor. Poor you. I just can't wait to see the little princess.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.