Saturday, June 19, 2010

It's what's for dinner......

So if you have not already seen the link in my list of blogs....one blog I am a frequent browser of is my friend Mel's Kitchen Cafe (she is a friend from high school). I swear she just spends all her days cooking - well not really, but I have not had a bad recipe yet from her food blog....and this particular recipe has become a regular "staple" in our house - The BBQ Chicken Braid....don't be intimidated by the home made bread....it's so easy.....even I can do it. I must say though one of the key ingredients is her homemade BBQ sauce...I am pretty sure I will never buy BBQ sauce again.


The "braid" filled with the "goods" all ready to be "braided".....




Ready for the oven.....



My cooking helpers....



The finished product......

This actually makes enough to make 2 braids....so with the other one I filled it with pizza sauce and cheese for the kids....since I do have the PICKIEST EATERS KNOWN TO MAN!

3 comments:

Stewart the dog and Samsonite the cat said...

We have also been converted over to her blog/site. The braid is delish....

Noelle said...

I have not tried the braid but I think I will be soon! Love her blog:) And good idea about the pizza combo!

Mel said...

Suz, thanks for the shout out on my blog - I'm glad the braid is a regular at your house. Same at ours. I should hire you to take food pictures for me - yours look awesome!