Saturday, June 19, 2010

A visit to the dentist....

I took Ema to the dentist the other day....a little quicker than I had planned. Ema has had some pretty bad plaque build up that was really noticeable and concerning to me....considering Ana and Eli have nothing like this....and we brush all their teeth at the same time everyday. Our dentist doesn't typically like to see the kids until they are between 3 and 4 years old because any younger and they usually never cooperate and are just scared.
I called just hoping to have them "look" at her teeth and maybe give me some advice on what we could be doing differently. They actually had an opening that afternoon - 1:30...I agreed and later started to question if this was really the right decision....Ema being not quite even 2 yet, pretty timid as it is going to the Dr., and agreeing to take her in the middle of her nap time....I was already setting her up to fail.....but away we went.

THIS GIRL DID AMAZING!!!

Again, as we walked in...I just kept telling them...the didn't need to do anything...just look....but as they got started....Ema opened her mouth right up, she let them clean, scrap, brush, floss and even apply some vitamin stuff to her teeth, and then let the Dentist have a look.....The hygienist herself couldn't believe how well she did.....


Ema...showing off her new toothbrush and toothpaste...


Good Job - Ema we are so proud of how well you did.....Now Eli - that is a whole new ball game...the boy was crying before I even left the house.....so afraid that he would have to go too!

No comments: