Friday, October 24, 2008

Potty Trained??


Potty training has been a long time coming for us...I tried numerous times including a couple weeks with A this summer and she just didn't care....accidents all the time and I was beyond frustrated so we stopped and then with a move and a new baby...it just didn't seem practical. We still talk about it all the time and I knew the time would come someday......but buying diapers for 3 is getting bit expensive...Well to my surprise A woke up from a nap 2 days ago and told me she wanted to wear underwear...OK - she did really well all afternoon and evening - no accidents...of course she was going every 10 minutes on her own - just at the novelty of going "potty" I think. I was a bit skeptical of what yesterday would bring - but she got up and declared she wanted underwear on - so of course I am thinking we may just be making progress....5 pairs of underwear later - I gave up for the afternoon and put her back in a diaper. Especially when she makes comments like "mommy I just peed a little bit in my underwear" - ummm NO - we don't do that at all!! So I was unsure what today would bring...but I am happy to report....she again woke up asking for underwear and we have been accident free all day!! And it's really been no effort on my part...A goes all by herself - that would be the independent part of her - she insists on no help from me....so here's hoping for another successful day tomorrow!!

No comments: